* 如何總結口頭報告 (PART A)
* 如何開始一個口頭報告 (PART B)
* 學術英文投稿教學影片 (35): Securing Research Funding
* 撰寫科技訓練申請信函的通則 (科技求職英文) (上)
* 工程英文問題描述 (73) (上)
Academic publishing news 學術出版新聞
如何總結口頭報告 (PART A)
– Before closing, I would like to sum up…
– Before I close, I must say a few words about…
– Before concluding today’s presentation, I would like to briefly mention…
– In concluding my presentation today, I would like to emphasize the following.
如何開始一個口頭報告 (PART B)
– I will give this presentation in five parts.
– I’ll divide today’s talk into four parts.
– Today’s presentation will be given in five parts.
學術英文投稿教學影片 (35): Securing Research Funding
– To build upon my academic and professional experience, I would like to serve as a self-supported guest researcher in the oncology department of your hospital for a three-month period, hopefully during my upcoming summer vacation.
– My academic advisor, Dr. Cheng, recommended that I contact you regarding the possibility of a guest researcher stay in your laboratory, hopefully for a six-month period under your direct supervision. Despite my strong academic background and numerous work experiences, I hope to gain further training at your hospital owing to its commitment to excellent medical image processing as well as advanced PACS instrumentation. In addition to improving my technical expertise, I am also interested in enhancing my management proficiency within your organization.
– The attached resume and recommendation letters provide further details of my solid academic background and professional experiences. As a graduate student of Medical Imagery at Yuanpei University, I actively participated in a project aimed at identifying prognostic factors of breast cancer and subsequently developing an effective prognostic method to increase the survival rate of breast cancer patients. The identified prognostic factors provide a valuable reference for radiologists in devising a therapeutic treatment program for patients. The prognostic factors, identified in that research effort, can also benefit the cancer patients in your hospital, an organization that already has an excellent reputation in the medical field and has gained international recognition for its own research advances.
– My interest in medicine and physics, since my childhood, has led to my successful completion of both a Bachelor’s degree in Radiology Technology and a Master’s degree in Medical Imagery from Yuanpei University. Since then, I have been working as a radiology technician in the radiology department of a hospital, which combines digital technologies and the Internet. Undergraduate and graduate level courses in radiochemistry in the medical imagery field instilled in me a wide array of theoretical concepts related to radiopharmaceutical synthesis. My graduate school research often involved deriving complex radiopharmaceutical synthesis models and modifying radiopharmaceutical practices in nuclear medicine to meet my research needs. I have also attended several international conferences on radiology technology, further widening my exposure to the radiochemistry profession.
工程英文問題描述 (73) (上)
* 工程提案建構 : 你工程提案的主題是什麼? 你的讀者可以明瞭工程提案的內容嗎?
* 工程問題 : 你的工程提案裡有你試著要解決或是想更進一步瞭解的問題嗎?
* 工程問題的量化 : 你要如何量化問題來讓你的讀者明白之前文獻研究所遇到的量化限制 ?
* 工程問題的中心 : 如果問題沒被解決或是充分瞭解, 這對工程提案的讀者會有多大的負面衝擊?
* 工程計劃需求 : 根據以上問題,最迫切的計劃需求是什麼?
工程計劃建構 Stepping motors are extensively adopted in electronic consumer products such as DVDs, digital cameras and cellular phones owing to their high-resolution position capability and miniaturized size. 工程計劃問題 However, a controller with external driving devices increases not only the complexity of PCB layout, but also overhead costs. Additionally, the conventionally adopted driving method incurs an intolerable amount of vibration and generates much noise while operating under the pulse-shaped driving signal. (NOTE : Add 2 more sentences that describe characteristics of the problem or statistics that reflect its severity) 研究問題的量化 For instance, a 480 g-cm torque, 0.15W, 4.5V stepping motor under a no-load condition generates 50 dBA at 30 cm from motor housing. 工程計劃問題的中心 Such vibration from a noisy stepping motor falls below consumer expectations and decreases operational efficiency, ultimately lowering the market competitiveness of new generation products. 工程計劃需求 Therefore, a control method with micro-stepping capabilities must be developed to drive stepping motors smoothly by removing the vibration and noise originating from a non-uniform force of motors.