* 學術英文投稿教學影片 (28): Steven Pinker-Scientific writing
* 說服力的展現 (科技英文) (上)
* 工程英文假設描述 (71) (下)
Academic publishing news 學術出版新聞
學術英文投稿教學影片 (28): Steven Pinker-Scientific writing
– Globalization of the cosmetics sector is widespread in most industrialized countries. Taiwan’s biotechnology industry has rapidly evolved in recent years, subsequently increasing marketing efforts in the local cosmetics sector, which originally focused only on healthcare products. For instance, according to the Industrial Technology Research Institute, revenues from the local cosmetics sector ranged between 1 billion and 700 million U.S. dollars to 1 billion and 800 million U.S. dollars in 2002. This figure contrasts with the 700 million U.S. dollars for the health food market and 900 million U.S. dollars for the food testing experiment market. Many female consumers regard cosmetics as a daily necessity, as reflected by the wide array of cosmetic brands in the competitive market.
– Complex administrative procedures within Taiwan’s National Health Insurance (NHI) scheme have led to errors in insurance claims and much inefficiency. For instance, adhering to all NHI regulations would require filling out more than thirty forms, depending on various commercial demands, e.g., insurance claims, salary readjustment, and modification of insurer’s/claimant’s name.
– Given the enormous female consumer demand and intense competition, manufacturers must more thoroughly understand the consumer purchasing behavior of this market niche. Cosmetic manufacturers are concerned not only with marketing practices, but also with the potential lowering of product and service quality, necessitating the adoption of the 4P method. Although receiving considerable attention in conventional marketing, the 4P method has seldom been explored with respect to its effectiveness in cosmetics marketing practices in order to enhance the competitiveness and market share of related manufacturers. The failure of cosmetics manufacturers to adopt the 4P method in its marketing practices will make it less competitive in promoting its market share as well as products and services.
– With subsequent errors made over confusion in filling out appropriate forms, the NHI staff spends much time in handling errors and then requesting insurers and claimants to amend erroneous information. Despite the enormous amount of administrative time and costs involved in handling these errors, this growing concern and its larger implications have not been addressed in previous literature. The inability to gradually reduce the amount of human resources involved in handling insurer and claimant errors and simplify administrative procedures as well as NHI forms will lead to higher operational costs owing to errors such as those made on the identification card, e.g., mistakes in cardholder number, birthday, name or filling out of the wrong form. In practice, telephone, fax or mail is used to correct such errors, subsequently creating substantial overhead costs, as well as additional time spent in human resources. Given the limited number of available NHI staff, simplifying forms and procedures is of priority concern.
工程英文假設描述 (71) (下)
* 工程目標 : 工程提案的目標 ?
* 達成目標的方法 : 你的計劃中達成目標的步驟?
* 希望的結果 : 希望的結果你希望達成的結果?
* 領域的貢獻 : 你的提案對相關工程領域的貢獻?
工程計劃目標 A current and voltage detection function in a low voltage band-gap circuit can be established. 達成目標的方法 To do so, a low threshold voltage device can be tuned for reducing application voltage component. A device model can then be developed for SPICE simulation. Next, a new current and voltage detection circuit can be simulated and implemented. Additionally, the proposed band-gap circuit can be implemented in other processes. 希望的結果 As anticipated, the proposed current and voltage detection function can reduce the application voltage from 1.8 V to 1.2 V, increase the circuit lifetime by approximately 15%, and reduce the overall application voltage. 領域的貢獻 In addition to reducing the application voltage, the proposed low voltage band-gap circuit can not only enhance the quality of analog IC design, but also provide an accurate reference voltage for other analog circuits. (NOTE : Add 2-3 more sentences that describe more thoroughly how the proposed method contributes to a particular field or sector)